Finding the correct of foundation shade can be tricky, especially when you do not have the opportunity to test the products on your own skin to determine the perfect shade. Here’s a guide for you to find out which shade suits your skin tone perfectly.
Here’s how you can find your undertone. Wash you face, you skin should be makeup, toner and lotion free. Your skin will seem pink after scrubbing, so let your skin rest for around 15 minutes. Then, find a natural light area, because light bulbs will give a different effect on the appearance of your skin tone. Here’s the quickest way to determine your undertone, look for the color of the veins on the inside of your wrist.
· If your veins show up as green or blue, you might have a neutral undertone.
· If your veins show up as green, then you have a warm undertone.
· If your veins show up as blue or purple, you then have a cool undertone.
Another way is to hold a white piece of paper by your face. Look into the mirror and see your skin contrast with the paper.
· If you can’t figure out any color cast of yellow, pink or olive, then you might have a neutral undertone.
· If your skin looks yellowish, you have a warm undertone.
· If your skin looks pink, rosy or blueish-red, you then have a cool undertone.
Don’t be afraid to mix two different foundation shades to match it perfectly onto your skin. A lighter shade for the winter and the darker shade for summer, and you can mix both shade for both seasons. For products that are sold online, and you cannot test it. Such as Mica Beauty, the best seller Mineral Foundation Powder have a shade guide for you, and you can attempt to match with your skin tone.